Be a Supporter!

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 204 Fans

AIM
kgz2747

Face To Face Face To Face

Hey man, great track you got here. Your ideas are well thought out, and the melody is catchy. My own suggestion is to build some crisper drums that can really drive the track.

Great work!

**Zelda's Lullaby** **Zelda's Lullaby**

Neat track

I liked the vocal arrangements very much, and the harmonies are nice. I think for a dream, some of the tone in the harmonies aren't "gentle enough" and too progressive at times, like the section starting at 1:30.

And yes you don't want anyone to mention anything about reverb, but I think when people say there's too much, what they're really trying to express is that it's the wrong kind of reverb. I don't mean just in the tail, but rather the artificial acoustics, and the mix, particularly the dry/wet parameter.

Overall, it's a cool idea, that captures the emotion fairly well.

VGSongbird responds:

Thank You for your honest feedback :D

D-Mac 2010 Commercial Voice D-Mac 2010 Commercial Voice

Hey man

Well done, I'm a big fan of your voice work. I've always had an ambition to learn how to do it properly.

Props man, take care.

SNOW Harmonica SNOW Harmonica

There's going to be guitar?

I'm intrigued. I look forward to seeing what kind of music you can come up with. That kick is awesome, its completely shaking my room.

I'm also sensing a bit of chiptune influence in there maybe?

Either way, keep up the good work sir =)

Die, Jimmy, DIE Die, Jimmy, DIE

Hey there

I'm enjoying the fusion of 8-bit music in there. It's something I've also been dabbling with, so it's nice to see other users jumping on the trend.

Keep up the good work sir.

Zelda's Lullaby Orchestra Zelda's Lullaby Orchestra

Nice

Hey there, neat little arrangement you have on here. You did a good job of maintaining the elegance of the original song.

A couple constructive criticisms would be that the reverb kick is played too often (I believe every 2 measures) and you should use it much more sparingly. Also, I wish you could have put in more original and creative ideas into the mix.

Overall, nice work sir.

smilingpig67 responds:

That's the first time someone's told me to "put in more original and creative ideas" into a mix, and it's something I've never really thought about. Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Still Blastin' Still Blastin'

Well done

Sounds just like megaman. If I had to be a super nit picker, I would say that you need a more definable melody. I couldn't follow it at all.

Production wise, this is a great song. Good job sir.

NemesisTheory responds:

Thanks a lot!

I actually somewhat agree with you, but I had so many ideas that I had to throw them all in -- I think it still sounds pretty cohesive/within the same style, but I definitely get what you're getting at. =]

Thanks again! <3

This Is War This Is War

Re~View

This is a pretty neat song, great atmosphere and energy all around.

Now time for the nitpicking.

The big thing I noticed was the drums. They sound pretty dry and flat, especially with the kick and snare. The kick needed a bit more umph with probably some low freqs, and the snare seemed like the wrong sample to use, it needed more "snap" in the sound. Some of the grooves didn't seem to flow either. I think if you went with more orchestral drum samples, this would have been much more effective in the intensity.

Overall, this is a nice song, some pretty neat riffs especially in the strings. Well done.

GronmonSE responds:

I'll be sure to tell Supersteph about the drums then, he worked on them. I think we've done two songs with rock drum samples. Should probably try orchestral samples next time.

Thanks :)

RD2010 - Watch the Machine RD2010 - Watch the Machine

Fuck yeah

This is a dirty song. The bass is gorgeous, and the drums do nicely to compliment it. There are a few parts in the song which I feel the bass should be in a lower octave, but that's a personal preference. Also the ending is kind of abrupt.

Nice work on Speak n Spell 8)

.:A New Life v2:. .:A New Life v2:.

Nice beat

I liked the ambient feel in this song, it has such a chill mood. I wish I could have heard the guitar go with it, I could definitely imagine some nice riffs going on it here.

The kick in the drum set was kind of bothering me, I would suggest using something with a bit more punch in the higher end.

Overall, nice work man- keep at it. Did you get into Berklee?

GronmonSE responds:

I'm getting a decision in a week. REALLY nervous about it to be honest though. I got really nervous during my audition.

SuperSteph worked on the drums, can't fix that myself unfortunately.

Thanks for the review :D