AIM
kgz2747

Street Fighter Chode Street Fighter Chode

Oh the irony

I saw this first before SF Club and when the guys were brainstorming ideas I thought you made that up.

It's really quite amazing, really.

: 4y-Records : EP 16 : 4y-Records : EP 16

Hah

Good laugh, I always enjoy your work.

Oh yeah,
protip: There's nothing wrong with liking both music that has substance and that doesn't.

Girlchan in Paradise Ep2 Girlchan in Paradise Ep2

Nice...

Don't get me wrong, this latest submission by Egoraptor and friends is awesome, you guys put a ton of effort into the parody.

But! I couldn't help but feel the jokes that were funny from the last episode got old in this episode, and some of the re-occuring gags like "poor voice acting" and "over-the-top stutters" were really forced and to be honest got a tad annoying by the end of the flash. And because of this, the flash as a whole really started to drag towards the end.

In my opinion, I think this episode lasted way longer than it needed to be, especially when the re-occuring gags kept appearing over and over and over.

DN8 DN8

A fun game crippled by a flawed gimmick

This is probably one of the most fun bullet hell shooters I've seen on a flash in a long time. The levels were generally interesting, the power up system was a creative, and the controls were simple and efficient.

Everything seemed pretty good until about 3/4th of the way into the game. The graze feature was definitely something I had tried aiming for throughout the entire game, since it gave the player an option to be rewarded for more challenging ways to play the game. That is, until a certain boss fight in the first level where you are given no more power ups. He shoots out a series of 3 lines of bullets extremely close together. It was at this point I could usually run right through two lines and camp lives until the boss had finally died, essentially breaking the game.

It's too bad, because the climax of the final level (which also included that same boss) ruined the suspense and tension leading up to it.

If you ever release an expansion to this series, I would recommend instead of getting new lives, change it to a feature that boosts up your "bomb" weapon.

Well done sir.

Scribbland Scribbland

Unique

I loved the control scheme in this game, very interesting and unique. There are a few flaws in this game however that hold it back from being perfect (or close to it).

Because the control scheme does have a bit of a curve, the level difficulties jump very awkwardly. The first half of the game is easy to moderate difficulty, but the second half really becomes quite demanding, making very concise and awkward jumps just to complete the level.

My second gripe is on easy difficulty, your character will be pushed back against walls which will in some cases will hit your enemy to fall back and hit a nearby enemy.

My third complaint is hard difficulty (which I played after easy). I had already gotten used to the controls, so it wasn't much of a problem until the last 5 or so levels, where even knicking the walls seems unavoidable without ridiculous timing.

My suggestion, I would make the response time for when your character moves and when he jumps a bit delayed, so it seems possible to jump straight up without moving forward. I died many times because I came too close to a wall or pinwheel and it was impossible to not hit it.

Overall, I think you have a solid idea, but I would suggest working on your level design to make it challenging, but not to the point of frustration where you will die in a single section repeatedly.

Nice work sir.

Skellus responds:

Thank you kindly *bows*. I am glad some people actually enjoy the game I intended it to be enjoyed.
Maybe I should, I don't know. I am pretty hardcore player and the game is plain easy for me, be it first or last levels on either difficulty so that is difficult for me the decide. Anyway, thanks again for comments!

Castle Crashing the Beard Castle Crashing the Beard

Fun Game, however

Unless my browser is messed up (I'm using Firefox), my guy is unable to jump on command, it almost seems random when I hit the up key, and that pretty much ruins the game because it's uncontrollable.

Face To Face Face To Face

Hey man, great track you got here. Your ideas are well thought out, and the melody is catchy. My own suggestion is to build some crisper drums that can really drive the track.

Great work!

**Zelda's Lullaby** **Zelda's Lullaby**

Neat track

I liked the vocal arrangements very much, and the harmonies are nice. I think for a dream, some of the tone in the harmonies aren't "gentle enough" and too progressive at times, like the section starting at 1:30.

And yes you don't want anyone to mention anything about reverb, but I think when people say there's too much, what they're really trying to express is that it's the wrong kind of reverb. I don't mean just in the tail, but rather the artificial acoustics, and the mix, particularly the dry/wet parameter.

Overall, it's a cool idea, that captures the emotion fairly well.

VGSongbird responds:

Thank You for your honest feedback :D

D-Mac 2010 Commercial Voice D-Mac 2010 Commercial Voice

Hey man

Well done, I'm a big fan of your voice work. I've always had an ambition to learn how to do it properly.

Props man, take care.